We all want that Hollywood smile with big, white and shiny teeth. But most of us live in the real world filled with teeth staining necessities like coffee, tea, soda and maybe an occasional glass of merlot. So what do we do to get that Hollywood smile?
Having a beautiful smile may be even easier than you think. Many people achieve the look they’ve been dreaming of with our simple bleaching procedure.
How does teeth whitening (bleaching) work?
To understand how teeth whitening works, one has to understand how teeth become discolored.
- There are two types of discoloration: e
- Extrinsic – thick surface staining e.g. from coffee, tea, red wine
- Intrinsic – below the enamel (staining is caused by years of exposure to these staining substances and is harder to change.)
Teeth whitening will unfortunately not work on any teeth with dental bonding or crowns, make sure to check with us before moving forward.
- Impression of your teeth
- In only a day or two, your custom bleach splints will be ready for you to pick up. We provide you with a special bleaching agent that you put into the clear splints.
- With only a few hours of wear per day, our special bleaching agent bubbles stains right out of your enamel in a very short time without altering tooth structure or existing dental work in any way.
- When your teeth reach the desired brightness, only occasional treatment is needed to maintain your new smile.
When to whiten?
If you are having dental work done to your front teeth, you would typically bleach first, then once you reach your desired shade, wait one week to allow them to stabilize before having dental work done. Have a wedding coming up? Whiten at least one month before the big day!!
What are my teeth whitening options?
Make sure you talk with the dentists at Finesse Dental to see what’s best for you, but here are your teeth whitening options:
|Professional take home trays|
|In office bleaching (ZOOM)|
If you want whiter teeth, know that you have many options. There is no one best option for all, so give us a call and find out which product will work best for you. Contact us online or call us 8824 4800!
Keep smiling 😊