When you need to replace the missing tooth or cavity tooth, you have two options:
- Traditional bridgework
- Dental implant.
Both offer a perfect solution; however there’s a lot of difference in it. Here let us discuss about the one which is now in your mind
Why dental implants work so well?
- Dental implant is the life saver of an attractive smile.
- It resort your smile plus improve the appearance.
What are the steps?
There are totally 3 steps to complete the dental implant treatment.
- Dentist will remove your damaged teeth and then your jawbone will be prepared to place a dental implant.
- After the healing process, the oral surgeon will place the abutment
- The final stage of the treatment is dental crown
But these processes will take three months to nine months to heal and for the growth of new bone in your jaw.
What to avoid after the surgery
- Carbonated beverages and very hot foods or drinks
Things to do after the surgery
- Start rinsing your mouth with warm salt water.
- Limit your physical activity following surgery.
- Take prescription medications as directed.
- Eat only soft foods for several days, always trying to chew on the opposite side.
What food to eat
- Drink juice, water, milk, coffee and tea.
- Consider cooked cereals, such as oatmeal or cream of wheat, yogurt.
- Scrambled eggs, cottage cheese, apple sauce
- Home cooked broth, bouillon, soups.
- Ground beef, baked or broiled fish, broiled or stewed chicken
Implant and crown will work to look like a natural tooth and make sure that there are no problems. What you have to do is to visit us and discuss the details. You need to maintain your dental implants like your natural teeth. The success rate depends on how you maintain your teeth. So do check-ups, cleaning and home care and get the long lasting teeth and smile. For a FREE CONSULT on dental implants, contact us online or call us 8824 4800.call NOW on 02 8824 4800.