With the most advanced technologies available there are many treatments available, you are never too old to have the beautiful straight teeth you have always dreamt of!
Orthodontic treatment involves straightening or moving teeth, to improve its appearance and function. Having orthodontic treatment done can also help to improve the long-term health of your teeth, gums and jaw joints, by spreading the biting pressure over all your teeth.
The common misconception is that orthodontic treatment is just for children, however the basic biological and mechanical process of tooth movement is the same at any age. Therefore, orthodontic treatment can be successfully completed in healthy adult patients, making teeth more attractive, functional and improve jaw alignment. More and more adults are now seeking contemporary orthodontic treatment for cosmetic and functional reasons!
Common issues that orthodontic treatment can help with include:
- Crowding of teeth
- Gaps between teeth
- Protruding upper teeth
- Under bite or lower protrusion
- Open or cross bite
- Deep over bite
Modern adult orthodontic treatments utilise the most advanced technologies to not only improve the teeth alignment and arrangement but are also designed to be completed in the shortest possible time with optimal results. These treatments include:
- Invisalign treatment takes an average duration of 12 months and uses clear plastic aligners that help to align and straighten teeth. These plastic aligners fit over teeth on both upper and lower jaws. Throughout the duration of treatment, new sets of aligners are issued every two weeks. These aligners are custom made to fit the unique shape of your teeth ensuring your teeth move into their new position over time.
- Benefits of choosing Invisalign are that the aligners are made from clear plastic, hence they are virtually invisible. The aligners are also comfortable and removable, so they can be taken out while eating, brushing, flossing and even for special events! One of the major benefits of Invisalign aligners are that they are custom made, meaning treatments is designed for you individually.
- Inman Aligner
- The Inman Aligner is a treatment for mildly and moderately crowded front teeth. Treatment using the Inman Aligner treatment typically takes 4-16 weeks with bi-weekly visits to review and adjust the aligner. Simple cases can be completed in a little over 1 month and more complex cases might take 4 months or so. The Inman Aligner is a clear plastic retainer with two spring loaded aligning bars that fit easily over the front four teeth. Unlike a regular brace, the Inman Alignerprovides a constant gentle pressure on the teeth, easing them back into place far more quickly. Once teeth have moved to the desired position, a very discreet retainer holds them in place, so they remain in their new position.
- Apart from its aesthetic benefits, the Inman Aligner is comfortable, easy to use and can be inserted and removed at any time, allowing eating, flossing and brushing to continue as normal.
- Six Month Braces
- Six month braces use hi- tech arch wires which have shape memory, meaning that whichever way the wire is deformed by the starting improper position of teeth the wire eventually returns to the ideal original shape allowing teeth to automatically move to the desired position. Unlike conventional braces that can take up to 2 years, Powerprox Six Month Braces uses time tested technologies combined with the latest orthodontic materials to move your teeth in as little as six months.
- The greatest and most obvious benefit of this orthodontic treatment is the minimal duration it takes. Another benefit is that you do not have to wear metal braces on your teeth, as clear, nearly invisible braces are used.